Last updated: March 24, 2022.
Acceptance of the Terms and Conditions
- Tali posts the current version of the Terms at https://tali.ai/terms-of-use. We reserve the right to amend the Terms at any time to account for changes in applicable law and regulations, our services, our practices, and/or the Tali Platform. Please check to see if we have amended these Terms since you last used the Tali Platform. We may but are not obligated to post notice of amendments. By using the Tali Platform after the amendment of these Terms, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the amended Terms.
The Tali AI Platform and Services
The Tali Platform enables healthcare providers ("Provider", "you", "your") registered to practice in a province or territory of Canada to access voice-enabled services on top of their Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and certain other health-related services. The Tali Platform enables Providers to scribe certain PHI into the EMR and electronically retrieve and store information from the EMR. In addition, Tali provides optional services at a Provider's direction. Those services might include us securely faxing a summary of the patient's consultations with Providers to another provider of the patient's choice. We may make additional optional services available to Providers from time to time.
- In order to open an account to use the Tali Platform, you must: (1) be registered to practice medicine in a province or territory of Canada and, (2) register with us as a user.
- For clarity, nothing in these Terms requires us to accept any registrant as a Provider, notwithstanding that the registrant meets our eligibility requirements as amended from time to time. Supplementary Terms specific to certain providers may also apply. Supplementary Terms are incorporated into and become part of these Terms.
None of the information or materials available through the Tali Platform (collectively referred to as "Content") is health professional advice, treatment, diagnosis or an endorsement, representation or warranty that any particular medication or treatment is safe, appropriate, or effective. Content is for informational purposes only. It is your responsibility to approve prior to relying on it, and any reliance on Content is at your own risk. Content and material appearing on the Tali Platform could include technical, typographical or photographic errors. Tali does not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of this Content. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or anyone who may be informed of any of the Content.
As a term and condition of using the Tali Platform, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING.
- You are prohibited from and will not:
- a. remove or alter any copyright, trademark, brand elements or other proprietary notices;
- b. reproduce, modify, prepare derivative works based upon, distribute, license, lease, sell, resell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast or otherwise exploit the Tali Platform except as expressly permitted by Tali;
- c. decompile, reverse engineer or disassemble the Tali Platform;
- d. link to, mirror or frame any portion of the Tali Platform;
- e. cause or launch any programs or scripts for the purpose of scraping, indexing, surveying, or otherwise data mining any portion of the Tali Platform, or unduly burdening or hindering the operation and/or functionality of any aspect of the Tali Platform;
- f. attempt to gain unauthorized access to or impair any aspect of the Tali Platform, or its related systems or networks;
- g. impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- h. use the Tali Platform in a manner that violates any laws.
- You will:
- a. keep secure and not disclose to anyone your account username and password; and
- b. refrain from using abusive language or inappropriate conduct when communicating with anyone through the Tali Platform.
- Unless otherwise permitted by Tali in writing, you may only have one account.
- You are responsible for all activity that occurs under your account.
Ownership (Intellectual Property Rights)
The Tali Platform, all content and rights therein, except PHI, are and will remain Tali's property or the property of Tali's licensors. Neither these Terms nor your use of the Tali Platform convey or grant to you any rights to use or reference in any manner Tali's brand elements, company name, logo, product and service names, trademarks or services marks or those of Tali's licensors. You are not permitted to copy or otherwise reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store or transmit any Content (as defined below), except as expressly permitted by these Terms.
THE TALI PLATFORM IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE." TALI DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, NOT EXPRESSLY SET OUT IN THESE TERMS, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN ADDITION, TALI MAKES NO REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, OR GUARANTEE REGARDING THE RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, QUALITY, SUITABILITY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SERVICES REQUESTED THROUGH USE OF THE TALI PLATFORM, OR THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. TALI DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE QUALITY, SUITABILITY OR SAFETY OF HEALTHCARE SERVICES AND YOU AGREE TO ASSUME ALL RISK ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE TALI PLATFORM, AND ANY RISK RELATED TO THE HEALTHCARE SERVICES.
Limitation of Tali's Liability
- TALI, (WHICH IN THIS SECTION INCLUDES ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, SHAREHOLDERS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS AND INDEPENDENT THIRD PARTY CONTRACTORS) SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, LIABILITY OR LOSSES ARISING OUT OF: (i) YOUR USE OF OR RELIANCE ON THE TALI PLATFORM AND/OR HEALTHCARE SERVICES, OR YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE TALI PLATFORM AND/OR HEALTHCARE SERVICES OR ANY DELAY IN YOUR DOING SO. TALI IS NOT LIABLE FOR YOUR INFORMATION STORED OR RECORDED BY ANY COMPUTER, TABLET, MOBILE DEVICE OR ANY NETWORK, WHETHER PUBLIC OR PRIVATE, THAT YOU MAY USE TO ACCESS THE TALI PLATFORM.
- WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE PRECEDING, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE WILL TALI BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING PROFESSIONAL NEGLIGENCE, PERSONAL INJURY, LOST INCOME OR LOST DATA, RELATED TO, IN CONNECTION WITH, OR OTHERWISE RESULTING FROM ANY USE OF THE TALI PLATFORM AND/OR HEALTHCARE SERVICES PROVIDED BY PROVIDERS.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Tali, including its directors, officers, employees, agents and shareholders, from any and all claims, actions or demands, losses, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) arising out of or in connection with: (i) your use of the Tali Platform; (ii) your breach or violation of any of these Terms; or (iii) your violation of the rights of any third party, including Providers, and/or referred friends. Through the Tali Platform, you may use certain services that are not provided by Tali and that we identify to you for your convenience. To the extent that a service is not provided by Tali, you will be given notice prior to using that service, and if you elect to proceed, you acknowledge and agree that you will be contracting with the service provider and not Tali.
Termination, Effect of Termination
"Technology-Related Terms", "Ownership (Intellectual Property Rights)", "Disclaimer, Limitation of Tali's Liability", "Indemnity", "Termination, Effect of Termination" and "General Provisions" shall survive the termination of the Terms.
- Entire Agreement. These Terms constitute the entire agreement and understanding of Tali and you with respect to their subject matter, and replaces and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous agreements or undertakings regarding the subject matter.
- Governing Law. These Terms are governed by the laws of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein, excluding any conflict of laws that would lead to the application of any other laws. By accessing the Tali Platform, you agree that any disputes or matters arising from, connected with, or related to these Terms will be brought to the provincial and federal courts located in the City of Toronto, Ontario.
- Non-assignment. These Terms are not assignable, transferable, or to be sublicensed by you except with Tali's prior written consent. Tali may assign, transfer, or delegate any of its rights and obligations hereunder without your consent.
- Severability: If any provision in these Terms is held to be invalid, void, or unenforceable, such provision (or the part of it that is making it invalid, void or unenforceable) will be struck and not affect the validity of and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
- Contact Us. If you have questions about the Tali Platform or its use, you can contact Tali Support by sending your request at https://tali.ai/contact-us.